The New Gleadless Library & Community Hub
Gleadless Library - Book donations policy.
We are happy to accept donations of books and dvds to support the Library, and are grateful for the generosity of all donors. We regret that we are unable to accept video tapes. Please note and follow the following guidelines which apply to dvds as well as books:
1. Before bringing your books to Gleadless Library, please speak to library volunteers to make a mutually convenient appointment in order to ensure that library volunteers are not overwhelmed by the volume of deliveries. In exceptional cases where the donor is physically unable to deliver books, we will try and make collection arrangements.
2. All books donated to the Library will immediately become the property of Gleadless Library.
3. We will retain or dispose of any donated books in any way that, in the judgement of the trustees, promotes the best interests of Gleadless Library.
4. We hope in future to include some donated books in the library's public lending stock. Books will only be included in the public lending stock when their condition is as close to original sale quality as possible.
5. Donated books considered for inclusion in public lending stock should not be titles already present in adequate numbers elsewhere in stock held at the library. Content should be suitable for inclusion in the catalogue of a library serving all members of the community. Any cover illustrations should be suitable for display in a library serving all members of the community.
6. Donated books which fall short of these criteria will still be retained, and offered for sale either in the library or at external events that library volunteers attend for that purpose. All money raised from such sales will be the property of Gleadless Library and will be used as it sees fit for the proper management, maintenance and promotion of the Library.
7. Once books not considered suitable for inclusion in the library's public lending stock have been offered for sale unsuccessfully for long enough for us to conclude that no future sale is likely, they will be disposed of in some other responsible fashion.
8. When books are offered to the library that are not considered suitable either to include in the public lending stock or to be offered for sale, the donor will be given the option of keeping them. If this offer is declined, any books left in the library will then be disposed of in a responsible fashion.
Gleadless Library, White Lane, S12 3GH. Phone: 0114 239 4630.
Opening times. Home. Renew and Reserve. Map Computing and Printing Library Links. Local links Help and volunteering. Library Picture Gallery. Photos of Old Gleadless. Find us on Facebook.